Originally Posted by Baldeagle
Here's my .htaccess file (part of it).
# Block via IP Address
#Allow from 127.0.0.1
#Deny from 212.235.15.153
#Deny from 156.59.198.136
#Deny from 212.29.233
#Deny from 111.225.149
#Deny from 47.76.35.19
#Deny from 217.113.194
#Deny from 101.44
Deny from 47.76
Deny from 47.89
Deny from 47.74

The commented out ones were previous abusers. If they come back, I uncomment them.
Currently my .htaccess file is completely blank but in light of unusually high data use I'd like to try blocking a few countries as a start.

Is it just the "Deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" lines that I need to add to that file and nothing else? And then turn off the forums (mysql too?), reboot the server, and turn the forums back on again? Will this work considering I'm on Apache 2.2.27? smile

Also, is there an easy way to encompass all or at least most IP addresses from the likes of China/Russia/India?