First, thanks to everyone who keeps UBB Threads running.
Our community has been using it almost since it came out (about 1996 or 1997 - the site is now 30 years old and we added the forum about a year after the site went online).
PHP Question:
The site has been running at PHP 8.1 (ea-php81) since I upgraded to UBB.threads Version 8.0.0 in September. I just updated to UBB v8.0.1 and all is still well.
Is it planned to upgrade to a newer PHP version?
I tried setting the site to PHP 8.2 and noticed that the data under "UBB.threads News & Announcements" disappeared so I set it back to PHP 8.1 and abandoned any experimentation. I am wondering because I use Joomla 5.4.x to power the main website and I would need to upgrade to PHP 8.3 in order to move to Joomla 6. Plus, I see that PHP v8.1.33 will stop receiving security fixes on 2025-12-31.
Thanks!