Quote
New user approval setting went away after upgrading to 8. Now I have re-enabled it (via "Enable Registration Queue"), but I'm not getting emails asking to approve a new user.

I'm not sure why your New user approval settings would go away with an upgrade, as thats not something that was removed from UBBT 8


Quote
Where is the Administrator email address specified?

All other email is going through without any problem. When a user registers, they receive the email confirmation message.
I also tried "Send Email" (under "Tools & Information") and that email also goes through.

The email address that the notifications get sent to is per admin/moderator who has permission. that setting is within their Account Profile and account Preference pages.

Forums > Settings (your user name): Preferences
Bottom of the list, within the "Moderator and Administrator Email Notifications" section.

From where the emails come from, which are sent to the new users,
Control Panel > General: General Settings
as Forum Email Address

Quote
Also, where do I specify Google recaptcha keys in the Control Panel?

For reCAPTCHA -
Control Panel > General: CAPTCHA Settings

Last edited by isaac; 12/21/2025 8:33 AM.

current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com