Hello,
Could someone please let me know the following. The information in the install guide is not clear. Thank you.
1) Does the import alter the original threads database? If yes, what happens if the import/upgrade fails?
2) If we wish to set up a test site, do we have to duplicate our existing threads database first? If yes, how do we do that?
3) Does our licence allow for a public test site?
Apologies for the bumb questions, but I do not wish to try and set up a test site if it will affect our live site.
Essentially my site is currently at mydomain.com/forum and I need to set up a test at mydomain.com/beta using my existing members database and my existing forums and posts - I do not really want a blank brand new test forum.
If this post is in the wrong forum, please move it.
Thank you.