Hi,
I have been trying to upgrade one of our forums from 6.2.2 > 6.5 and ran into a number of problems.I ran the upgrade as per the instructions on UPGRADING.html in the following order:
altertable-6.2-6.3.php
updated the the 6.3 topics and replies
altertable-6.3-6.4.php
altertable-6.4-6.4.1.php
proceeded to upgrade.php and ran through all the steps.
I encounted a problem when it came time for it to create the table
w3t_ContentIslands , so I manually created this table. At no point did any of the altertable scripts timeout on me.
After this, I proceeded to the main page for the forum and it gave me an error regarding a missing column, one of them being U_OC_Userid, so I manually added the missing columns.
After all this, the forum loaded up, I clicked on the Login link, entered the Administrator UN/PW and was logged in. When I went to click on any of the links such as Control Panel, I would be taken to a page stating I did not have permssion to access this area or needed to be logged in. It would keep logging me off each time I clicked any of the links. It would also not always list me as being logged in. I have tried this on 3 different computers, wiped out all cookies and such and still cannot login.
I decided to try going to 6.5.1b5 and still have the same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuck