[I've submitted this as a support ticket, but in case I'm overlooking something obvious I'm also posting it here. -- Chuck Weinstock]

I've tried several times to upgrade from 6.4.2 to 6.5.2 on a test installation (before doing it on a live one), and the same thing happens each time. I go to the upgrade.php script and authenticate and get to the step where it upgrades the database. It does the upgrade to 6.4.4 apparently and when I do the next click it either times out (and I refresh) or it doesn't but eventually (within 2-3 minutes) comes to a "Finalizing Upgrade to version 6.5.2 .... OK" followed by a "Finished updating to 6.5.2. Continue to next step".

I know it isn't complete because I know that there are supposed to be a whole series of messages followed by "OK" or "Failed". Also, inspecting the database, I see that Mysql is continuing to do work and doesn't finish for perhaps another 30 minutes.

I'm concerned that something is going wrong, and don't want to try this on the actual forum until I'm sure that I have things working correctly here.