I've a question here (and I'm also going to do some more research on ubbdev).

I'm shifting my somewhat populated board, UBB 6.2.1, to a new revamped UBB 6.7.0.

It's about an 800 member board so far and continues to grow.

What I'm slowly running into now, after 800+ days of continual service, is griefers and flamers becoming a bit more common. Not a lot, not anywhere close to an IGN board nightmare, but the community I support is about creative art basically, and the flaming/griefing doesn't help too much.

I'm looking for a way to be automatically made aware of not too smart users that sign up multiple accounts. I've gone through UBBDEV and there are no hacks really that will help eliviate this.

This morning I noticed a feature in the 6.7.0 CP that I've never seen before: General >> Recent Visitors >> (scroll down) expand Advanced Settings >> Unique IDs to Assign per IP:

What does this mean? I've gone through the Docs here on ubbcentral and I didn't come across an description for this function. I'm going to assume it is a variable I can set to say how many accounts can be created under a unique IP?

If this is so, then what about legitimate users, like a husband & wife, in the same household on a single computer that each have their own account on the board. If I set that variable to 1, will that ruin it for them?

Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?

Here's the specific location, in fact I'd like to know what each of these variables are for:

[]http://www.foolarchy.com/Media/cpexamp.jpg[/]