The UBB does not support subcategories, you can however use a category of "Operating Systems" and have a forum of "Windows", another of "Linux", etc.

If you want it to show up like at UGN Security you will have to turn category viewing on (CP -> General -> Primary Tab -> Forum Summary Options dropdown, then tick the "Enable Categories" tick and submit).

Additionally, i don't believe there is a mod over at UBBDev for subcategories however it is usually the best place to start for UBB Modifications.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!