Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#103224 11/27/2003 4:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
We are currently using version 5.47c and I was trying to upgrade to version 6.x. I followed the instructions carefully and uploaded all the files the way the instructions stated. I got stuck on step 5. It says I need to check Perl paths.

Check Perl paths for these files: ultimatebb.cgi, cp.cgi, ubb_upgrade.cgi, and hello.cgi. None of the other cgi files requires a Perl path. Use the same Perl path that your current UBB.classicâ„¢ scripts use.

You can test your permissions now by uploading ubb6_test.cgi (located in the help directory of your zip file) in ASCII to your UBB.classicâ„¢ cgi directory and running the tests."


There is no "ubb6_test.cgi" file in the help directory. There is a "ubbclassic_test.cgi" file though. I uploaded that into the cgi directory and tried to access it. My browser says "Server Error."

This is as far as I got on my installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aaron
[][email protected][/]

#103225 12/01/2003 12:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes, those docs require updating. I'll make sure that's done...

ubbclassic_test.cgi has replaced ubb6_test.cgi.

Please continue with the upgrade at step 6 - there's no need to use the test scripts unless required down the line.

If you have continued problems with your upgrade, you may wish to consider opening up a support ticket so we can check out your board.

#103226 04/19/2004 11:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
test


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)