Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm an Administrator for a forum called "PrepZone," sponsored by CJOnline in Topeka, KS. We are currently hosting 23 forums on our board (version 5.45c), and the largest forum just went to crap today. Last night I created an announcement in the UBB control panel, and when I went back to delete it I got this message: Insecure dependency in unlink while running setuid at /web/cjonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/.announce.cgi line 1220.
I said to myself, "okay, maybe this won't matter, since the announcement is scheduled to end later today anyway." But then when I came back to my index where all the topics in my forum are posted, I got this message:
Insecure dependency in unlink while running setuid at /web/cjonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/.forumdisplay.cgi line 695.
So right now there is ZERO access to the largest and busiest forum on our site. Help please!!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You're trying to run the UBB scripts under Taint mode (the -T switch is on the #! line in the script or your server is configured to auto-taint)

UBB5 does not run under Taint. Something you have changed recently has enabled Taint mode. Once this is turned off, the board will return to its normal operating state.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do that?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If you changed nothing, then your sysadmin did. You will need to speak to him/her.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)