Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have 2 solaris servers that are selectively served by a load-balancing BigIP switch in front. I realize that the databases have to be shared if I want an instance of UBB to exist on each server, but how do I do this? The other caveat is that the dual servers are also there for redundancy and fault tolerance should one go down, so sharing the data files from a single server is not a complete solution.

thanks!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The UBB uses flat text databases and a rudimentary file lock system. Attempting to split the load would result in *WORSE* performance due to the latency introduced by the network. File corruption would also be a risk due to the file lock...

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, UBB Questions Forum
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
How do I setup UBB if I have 2 web servers that are load-balanced?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)