Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It's about time that I considering upgrading my UBB. I have been sitting back at 5.39c (with security patches) with minimal hacks installed because of the CGI integration I have done to utilize Webadverts.

Is it technically possible to have parallel installs of 5.39c and 5.47a looking at the same setup files, forum files, threads, member lists, etc. I do not anticipate that the newer version would be updating of modifying the data, just viewing it.

As far as licensing goes, only one version would truly be in production, the other in development for only my eyes to see...

Thoughts or concerns? Thanks in advance.

Steve
F150online http://www.f150online.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I wouldn't run them parallel.

The settings, for one, have changed quite a lot since 5.39c - lots of new options in the CP. Not sure how the UBB would behave if there were no values to the settings (as opposed to the features turned off - not quite the same thing!)

You could make a COPY of the data to test things though.. Just don't run two live boards against the same data if they're not the same version.

Oh, and FYI, I don't think licensing would be an issue - I've always interpreted the license agreement to mean live boards (development/test installations over a short period of time don't count IMO). However, I will ask Infopop to post a short statement on the issue.

Graeme


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)