Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#107608 01/19/2001 10:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I want to have the topics in my forums, expanded...

This means that the user view will display links to the originator's message and then underneath, links to the replies in a linear format...

In that way, someone who wants to read the topic to be able to see who replied before it goes in the topic.

Can I do it? If yes (hope I can), how?
regards
AkaX

#107609 01/19/2001 11:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No, what you describe sounds like a threaded model.

You'd have to hack the code.

Graeme

#107610 01/20/2001 9:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Dear Graeme,

Please check the URL: http://forum.stockwatch.com.cy

and you will see what I mean... can I do this with UBB?

Can I also create frames just like that site, using UBB?

regards
AkaX

#107611 01/20/2001 12:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
That's a board running CF (cold fusion), if I'm not mistaken.

Something like that is far outside the UBB's capabilities, even if it does appear linear..

You could probably design your own ubb=forum (ex-forumdisplay) interface, but that's a fair chunk of code hacking...

Graeme


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)