Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#129258 06/06/2006 10:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
Hello,

I recently had my server suspended (due to some e-mail issues). After it was unsuspended, I started getting an SQL error:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/home/mbtgd2/public_html/wwwthreads/sessions/g6i5orJg/sess_259d7bd242c29e5ec0d6c032e0de77fa, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/mbtgd2/public_html/wwwthreads/sessions/g6i5orJg) in Unknown on line 0

It no longer recognizes the folders for sessions, attachements, etc as being there or having the correct permissions. I've even tried creating a new folder and it still says that the folder doesn't exist or the permissions are not correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
CHeck your wwwthreads/sessions folder and the wwwthreads/sessions/g6i5orJg folder within. Make sure both of those have full write permissions.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
Thanks! I was sure I checked that before, but it seems to have worked. My provider has requested that I not have any files listed as 777, can I change this to any other setting and have it still work?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You might be able to get away with 775. Probably not 755. Just have to change it to either of those and see which one works.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 12
775 Worked!! Thank you so much for your help =)


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)