Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Uh oh, I think I did something wrong.. I attempted to copy my old 5.4x forum to a seperate directory to perform an upgrade, but for some reason the forums are not showing in the old 5.4x forum! What did I do wrong? The URL is:
http://www.freaksforum.com/cgi/Ultimate.cgi http://www.freaksforum.com/ubb/cp.html

Please help!

AgentX

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This thread is being moved to Post Installation Troubleshooting for further investigation. Thanks.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

Upon further investigation on my part, it looks like the categories are completely gone. Previously, I had the categories setup 1 through 9. Now all those fields are blank, and if I add a new category it adds it as 10. Upon going into the forum summaries, if I try to assign the forum to the newly created category, that category doesn't display at all. Any ideas?

AgentX

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well I figured out the problem. For some reason the categories.file had been corrupted. All I needed to do was delete it and re enter my categories. Phew!

InfoPop: You can close my trouble ticket now, sorry about the panic.

AgentX


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)