Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
A
member
member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
All,

After testing the new UBB 7 I dediced to put it online for my main forums.

Apart from a few little quirks here and there its really good!

But there is some display image size issue going on with graemlins. Have a look at this post I made...

http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/...amp;Number=29879&Main=7266#Post29879

You can see its all squeezed together, its also the same in IE mode.

Cheers!

Last edited by Rick; 07/21/2006 1:35 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hmm, it looks like PHP didn't detect the width and height properly. Was this a graemlin that was imported or one that was added through the control panel after the import was done?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
php cannot detect animated gif's dimensions correctly

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
A
member
member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
That image was added after the install / upgrade / conversion of the posts.

I have a heap of them and when you look at them in the graemlins they all are perfect, its something happening when they are posted.

6.5 the same images work perfectly, so its something with 7

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
In 6.5 and previous we didn't try to calculate the width and height of the graemlin. For 7.0 we need to have the width and height or it throws off some of the things like the shoutbox. I think I'll need to add in an option to manually set the width and height in the control panel for animated graemlins.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Ok, actually it seems that it does pick up the valid width and height. I just had them reversed when adding to the database blush.

Here's the fix. admin/doaddgraemlin.php, line 86 looks like this:

$query_vars = array($code,$smiley,$graemlin_name,1,$imagewidth,$imageheight);

That should be this:

$query_vars = array($code,$smiley,$graemlin_name,1,$imageheight,$imagewidth);


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)