Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164685 09/29/2005 3:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
Long story, but back in February I upgraded from 6.5 to 6.7.2 -- and had to roll back to 6.5. Our registration process is integrated with another database, and it didn't roll forward smoothly with the new fields.

I am expecting to upgrade soon - maybe in the next 45 days - to 6.7.3, but I just noticed that the FAQ has disappeared. The link brings up a page with a header and a footer, but no faq content. I'm guessing that probably has been true since Feb since I know that it worked originally back when we upgraded to 6.5. It looks like the 6.7 version boards might call the faq differently -- not from a variables cgi file. I'm wondering if this might be the one glitch in rolling back -- that I never noticed before now and no one has asked about!


The page is pulling in the public_faq template. But then the next thing on the page is the page footer rather than the faq content.

Any idea where I poke in the code to get the faq to appear?

In ubb_lib_misc.cgi, there is this code:

&ServeFromCache("ubb_files/misc/faq.cgi");

and later this:

&WriteFileAsString("$vars_config{CachePath}/ubb_files/misc/faq.cgi", $ThisHTML);

The first path is odd. I would have expected to see more of a path like the vars_congif path. However, there are no /ubb_files/misc/ with the faq.cgi file. Rather, vars_faq.cgi is right in the cgi-bin.

Marianne

#164686 09/29/2005 8:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
ServeFromCache automatically prepends $vars_config{CachePath}

The exact problem is basically as you described - 6.7 stores vars_faq in a different format than 6.5 expects.

Back up your vars_faq file and replace it with a clean copy from your 6.5 install zip, then clear the board cache.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
#164687 09/30/2005 10:04 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
Thank you Charles!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)