Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
K
newbie
newbie
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
In my 7.0 install I find that if I login, click on "My Stuff" and then go to "My Profile", no controls are shown in the UI for changing my avatar.

I have:
  • "Allow Remote Avatars?" set to NO
  • "Allow Stock Avatars?" set to YES
  • "Allow Uploaded Avatars?" set to NO


If I set "Allow Uploaded Avatars?" to YES and look at "My Profile" again then I see UI for modifying my avatar. If I toggle it back to NO then the UI goes away completely again.

Last edited by Rick; 10/15/2006 12:48 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Thanks for the report.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Here's the fix. Edit editbasic.inc.php. Line 267 has this:

Code
if (isset($config['ALLOW_STOCK_AVATARS']) && $config['ALLOW_STOCK_AVATARS'] && $allowpics) { 

That, needs to be:

Code
if (isset($config['ALLOW_STOCK_AVATARS']) && $config['ALLOW_STOCK_AVATARS']) { 
    $allowpics = 1;

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
K
newbie
newbie
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
Yep, the fix seems to work for me.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)