Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
My attorney says that I must have my corporate name/address and unsubscribe info on every email my site sends. Classic had a signature wordlet that was appened to all emails.

Example:
Quote
--------------------------------
Holodeck Corporation d/b/a BowlingFans.com
#2060, 4 Carmichael St, Suite #111, Essex, VT 05452

To stop receiving these notifications and have your account deleted please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject, "REMOVE"

Last edited by Rick; 10/20/2006 3:15 PM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
I was picking up on this in another thread,
where a member was suggesting making Allow e-mails
from admin Default to yes.

I think they have to be given the option first.

But you are right,
e-mails do need an opt out.
With in there content.

Humm thinking...
I havnt done a mass e-mail as of yet so it may be
included with that.

As a Watched topic is somthing a memeber subscribes too
them selves.

But it wouldnt hurt to have a default for all.

My 2 p


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
What I'll need to do is add this portion to a language string:

Quote
To stop receiving these notifications and have your account deleted please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject, "REMOVE"

Where [email protected] will be replaced with the board email address. I'll probably stick this in the generic.php language file, and then add that to all emails going out.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It'll be good, then we can specify "To turn these off, update your profile you hobo" lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)