Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#167128 10/26/2006 11:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
I recently upgraded to 7.0 but have not yet gone live with my new 7.0. As a test, I did the import from my Threads 6.5.X and it seemed to work flawlessly. My question is, if I spend time setting up portals and styles, etc., what do I need to do to "re-import my 6.5.X data? Do I first need to clean out the current 7.0 databases or can I just run the install again to bring in all the newest posts, etc., when I'm ready to go live?

Basil

Basil #167135 10/26/2006 3:31 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
A lot of the settings are stored in flat files, however some settings are stored in the database; in order to have a clean import you'll need to drop the table and run the createtables.php script in the install directory, then run the importer again.

From here you'll have to go back and update settings...

Keep in mind that things like forum settings and styles are stored in the database (however you can export your styles and import them back once you've upgraded).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #167141 10/26/2006 6:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
old hand
old hand
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 583
Thanks, I'm not too worried about having to re-do the settings, but I didn't want to loose my styles, for example.
Basil

Basil #167142 10/26/2006 6:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Thats simple enough, just export your styles before you want to upgrade, then import them after your forum data import.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #179209 02/23/2007 5:22 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Keep in mind that things like forum settings and styles are stored in the database (however you can export your styles and import them back once you've upgraded).

Is this "Things like" list complete? Styles and the forum settings? I can live with resetting those.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #179213 02/23/2007 6:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
'eh a lot of people make huge customizations to settings and styles; but if you can live without it, haveatyou


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #179215 02/23/2007 6:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
'eh a lot of people make huge customizations to settings and styles; but if you can live without it, haveatyou

I meant is it only the forum settings and the style settings that are dropped when you re-import smile


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #179290 02/23/2007 7:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Lol anything "data" is dropped, this would be any data in the database (as step one to re importing is to drop the tables); primarily this is forums ettings, styles, any posts/users in the database, etc.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #179321 02/24/2007 3:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
primarily this is forums ettings, styles, any posts/users in the database, etc.

You can add the ubbt_greamlins table as something to backup and restore when re-importing if you set those up to your own preferences.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)