Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
I just upgraded from a 6.5.x version, and I'm wondering a few things:

1) I was hacked recently with 6.5.x because they got to my config.inc.php file. I moved that file to above my root and changed the location info for that file in main.inc.php. It APPEARS to me that main.inc.php isn't used anymore, since it wasn't updated in my upgrade. Is this correct? If so, how do I ensure the security of config.inc.php? Can I still move it above my root?

2) I understand that 7.0 brought back an old feature that allowed moderators to get emails notifying them any time someone posted in a forum they moderate. I can't find that feature to activate it in the control panel. Can someone point me to it please?

3) When someone in our office clicked "I forgot my password" in the new 7.0 software, he got a runtime error in Internet Explorer. Anyone know about this? How can I fix it?

Thanks,
Tracy

T
T Offline
Anyone?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Sorry, missed this post yesterday.

1) Correct, main.inc.php is no longer used. You can't move the config file above the webroot. This didn't actually prevent hacking of the file, it just made it so the config file wouldn't be readable if the webserver stopped processing .php files for some reason.

2) This is set by the moderator in their preferences. Currently this will only notify them if the board has post approval turned on.

3) That's odd. I haven't seen or heard of that one before. Does it work for you. Did it give any detailed info on the error?

T
T Offline
Thanks for the response!

Regarding #2: Post approval means that the post won't appear until the moderator has viewed and OK-ed it, right? That's not really what we wanted, we just wanted them to know a post was there. But I will discuss with them.

Regarding #3: The error message said "Line: 35, Error: 'document.login.Loginname' is null or not an object"

Thanks again!
Tracy

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That's correct on the post approval. If they just want an email any time a new post has been made they can just add those forums to their "Watched Forums" and then turn on email notification. They'll get an email for every post then.

Thanks for the extra info on the become user error. Will need to track that down.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,248 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29