Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Special Characters like ™ ° ¢ © etc etc were displayed just fine in .Classic, but they aren't in .Threads, even as Admin with HTML toggled on.


Last edited by Rick; 11/03/2006 9:39 PM.

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
This is I *think* a holdover bug. In earlier versions we auto-converted & to & I don't believe we need this anymore. I'm commenting it out for 7.0.2 and we'll see if there are any side-effects that I'm not thinking of wink

Rick #167693 11/03/2006 10:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Forgot to add. If you'd like to test this and report back on any problems you might find you can make this change by editing libs/ubbthreads.inc.php. About line 911, you see this:

$body = str_replace( '&', '&', $body );

Just place a // before it and comment it out.


Rick #167694 11/03/2006 10:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
I was just gonna ask you that - I'll test it out when I get a chance and report back - thanks!


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)