Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /threads/ubbthreads.php on this server.

_________

I was going crazy earlier trying to make a post after one of my Mods had trouble doing the same thing, and getting a Forbidden error. I was like, great, the BB is busted!

I narrowed it down. It turns out the server prevents the word Lynx (only with a space after it). I know the server has some hacker keyword prevention or something enabled, but that's just too funny how crazy I was getting. And I was about to post the "error" here! laugh laugh laugh

Just something to keep in mind when a customer is having an "inexplicable problem" wink



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
That is like the one I am still having with : and @ in it. smile

This hacker keyword prevention thing may be what is causing my problem.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by jgeoff
I narrowed it down. It turns out the server prevents the word Lynx (only with a space after it). I know the server has some hacker keyword prevention or something enabled, but that's just too funny how crazy I was getting. And I was about to post the "error" here! laugh laugh laugh


Those systems are fun to administrate... some even allow site admins to maintain their own additional keyword lists...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)