Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Hello,

Would anyone know how I could go about doing this? My website is centered around the UBB.Threads bulletin board. I am in the process of making some external pages for other various things, like a chat, and other things that require me to be able to recognize if a user is logged in, and from that retrieve there username or user id.

Thanks

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Not sure exactly what you mean. The software already knows when someone is on or not.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I don't know the exact specifics of integrating other products into Threads (to share log-ins), but you'd somehow have to integrate or at least be able to read across databases. Once you know which product(s) you want to integrate, you could try posting a Mod Suggestion at ubbDev...

I want to do the same thing for Chat (there are a couple solutions already on ubbDev) and QuizShock (the latter incorporates in many products, but not Threads - I may have to try writing that one myself)


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
If you have some PHP/MySQL/Smarty/OOP knowledge then I'd sugguest to start by opening some files and reading:
includes/config.inc.php
includes/mysql.inc.php (i think is what it is) then
ubbthreads.php

and you shoudl get the jist on how things work.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
As soon as I can I will be making an API that will include some things such as this. Basically the function you're looking for is the authenticate() function in the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php file. That function checks to see if a user is logged in, and grabs a variety of fields from the database if so.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Originally Posted by ntdoc
Not sure exactly what you mean. The software already knows when someone is on or not.


The object though, is to have the software tell a different software if the user is logged in. smile


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Yes, so it reads the database and says YES/NO not too difficult.

I'm not up on actually coding it for someone though and standing behind the code quite yet whistle


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)