Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Okay. Here's my status.

The forums appear to have been converted (woo-freakin-HOOOOOO!), but an error has occurred with the converting of the mods:

Line#: 1602
SQL Error: Duplicate entry '18' for key 1
SQL Error #: 1062
Query: INSERT INTO new_nora121516MODERATOR_PERMISSIONS ( `USER_ID`, `MODERATOR_CAN_EDIT_USERS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_APPROVE_POSTS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_EDIT_POSTS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_LOCK_POSTS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_MOVE_POSTS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_DELETE_POSTS`, `MODERATOR_CAN_STICK_POSTS` ) VALUES ( 18 ,0,1,1,1,1,1,1)

I imagine this is a really easy fix ... I'm mostly interested in what to bump to next ...

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'll have to alter the importer to check for this, but it appears your classic files had a moderator listed twice for the same forum or something of that nature. You'll need to fix up your moderators after the import, but to go onto the next step you can just go to:

classic_import.php?ubb=buddy

Thanks, Rick! I actually figured it out (to go to "buddy") by looking at the *guts* ... and my Import is finally complete! Woo-HOO!

Strange thing: when I brought up the board via the forum list link, it showed some threads that were several years OLD as being the most recent ... I went into the forums, expecting complete chaos with the dates--but they seemed to be in order. So I just posted a new topic to bring everything up to date.

A couple minor cosmetic questions now: how do I keep from having my avatars skewed? For example, the red menace avatar I use here is my avatar at my site; here, it's the correct size--there, it's larger.

Also, how can I increase the size of the display of the graemlins? I am going to substitute out the stock ones, but most of them get skewed.

Thanks!

~Sue
adwoff.com

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
When I did my import in October, my avatars were all enlarged as well. It was because they all imported with width=0 and height=0. I don't know if that's the case with yours or not, but Rick had me run this to replace all the 0's with 64's. If that is the case with your import, you'd need to change 64 with whatever avatar sizes you're using (if they're all the same)...
Code
update ubbt_USER_PROFILE set USER_AVATAR_WIDTH='64',USER_AVATAR_HEIGHT='64' where USER_AVATAR_WIDTH='0' and USER_AVATAR_HEIGHT='0'

[*BUG* Rick, when I don't put spaces before and after the code, when enclosed in CODE tags, I get nothing when I Preview Post -- and apparently also in the post itself. It does show up if I add a CR after the CODE tag]

Code
update ubbt_USER_PROFILE set USER_AVATAR_WIDTH='64',USER_AVATAR_HEIGHT='64' where USER_AVATAR_WIDTH='0' and USER_AVATAR_HEIGHT='0'

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
HOLY TOLEDO, Rick & Company!

I checked my PMs to see how they transferred over, and I have over 250 pages of PMs! laugh

The system kept duplicating the "Welcome to ADWOFF" message ... I'm going to be spending HOURS deleting them!

Makes me wonder if it happened to everyone!

~Sue
adwoff.com

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Yeah, ALL PMs that weren't deleted by *both* parties remained in the system. Fun for nostalgic sake, but a pain if there are 1000s of them laugh You'll need to tell your members to delete PMs to bring them back down below the "max PMs" set in your CP.

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
This was an obvious glitch in the import. *sigh*

~Sue <<-- still deleting

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Not necessarily a glitch. Rick explained it way back when and it sorta made some sense. laugh

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Originally Posted by jgeoff
Not necessarily a glitch. Rick explained it way back when and it sorta made some sense. laugh

I'll have to find his explanation, then, because it sure seems like a glitch to me.

I just spent a lot of time deleting out the dupe PMs, and I have a boat-load of others left over. It's almost like it re-created every PM I've had over the years.

Very, very strange--considering I had well under 60 PMs before the conversion, and now I have 28 pages of them.

If that's not a glitch, then I need to know what the definition of a glitch is! LOL

~Sue

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by ADWOFF
This was an obvious glitch in the import.
I posted a fix for this somewhere, not sure where it is right now though lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Ahh, maybe it was this that I remembered reading. If so, then it wasn't Rick, it was Gizmo who said it was "all or nothing" and "designed behavior." So I guess blame Gizmo for all those hours you've spent deleting PMs - LOL

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Figures Gizzy's at fault! eek

A new error has cropped up when I try to create a "custom island"

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/adwoff/messageboard/cache_builders/custom/portal_box_1.php on line 6

I probably should look @ the other threads to see if this has been addressed, eh?! LOL

~Sue <<-- going to look

I tried to put my site's "banner graphic" in my header, and received this error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/adwoff/messageboard/cache_builders/custom/portal_box_1.php on line 6

Are these bugs *fixed* in the new upgrade, or is it just something funky as a result of my conversion?

~Sue
adwoff.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ahh, maybe it was this that I remembered reading. If so, then it wasn't Rick, it was Gizmo who said it was "all or nothing" and "designed behavior." So I guess blame Gizmo for all those hours you've spent deleting PMs - LOL

hahaha, but i also posted an sql query to putge all of the welcome pm's hehe... somewhere anyway

The portal boxes shoudln't be errored out though suzieque, generally they error out if they've been edited and have an error in them; have you made any edits to the portal boxes?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Quick and dirty:
Code
DELETE FROM `forums_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_POSTS` WHERE `POST_BODY` LIKE CONVERT( _utf8 'welcome to%' USING latin1 );
DELETE FROM `forums_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_TOPICS` WHERE `TOPIC_SUBJECT` LIKE CONVERT( _utf8 'welcome%' USING latin1 );

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/18/2006 12:55 AM.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
note to be sure you replace "forums_" with "yourprefix_"

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
when my fingers start feeling normal I may make a mod to clean up pm's, well, it'd be a drop-in, but still wink...

The route I posted above is what I'm using at my site, and leaves the MESSAGE_USERS table alone so you end up wiht non-existant topics linked to... So I think I'll include a check to validate if the pm's exist and purge those which do not...

Shouldn't be too much work, though i'd clone my pm's from my live site to put on my dev site as to not b0rk things hehe... but it'll be a few days till i no longer have to peck at keys frown

Originally Posted by Gizmo
The portal boxes shoudln't be errored out though suzieque, generally they error out if they've been edited and have an error in them; have you made any edits to the portal boxes?

Hey Gizzy~

I *thought* the only change I made was to add the Portal Columns ... I created "Post Islands" ...

I think I did muff up, though, when I tried to create the "Content Island." And now that you've mentioned it, that's indeed what I did. blush OOPS.

Well, that was easy! laugh

Now let's see what else I can break!

~Sue
adwoff.com

Shoot. I do have another problem.

When I went to check on sending PMs, I get this message:

You may invite unlimited people to a private topic. Click the 'Add' button to add each person.

In the control panel, I have it set to "9"

I just sent a PM with a new name I registered to 11 different people.

*sigh*

Now what I have broken?!

~Sue
adwoff.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Now let's see what else I can break!
I have faith in your forum destruction skills suzieque wink...

Admin/Mod's are exempt from most checks.

Admin/Mod's are exempt from most checks.

I created a new user, and the new user has the abiity to invite UNLIMITED people to a private message.

The new user is just a regular joe. No special privileges.

~Sue

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Changelog
12-03-2006: 7.1 Bug Fix: Fixed a typo that was causing the private message participant limit to not work.
wink

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Originally Posted by Changelog
12-03-2006: 7.1 Bug Fix: Fixed a typo that was causing the private message participant limit to not work.
wink

Ah, man ... thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me what the typo is/where it is so that I don't have to upgrade it to 7.1?

I really wanted to be able to open my board in the morning.

~Sue
adwoff.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
i dont even have 3 friends to send christmas cards to, let alone send pm's to wink

i dont even have 3 friends to send christmas cards to, let alone send pm's to wink

Ah, poor Gizzy.

Looks like I'll have to try to upgrade to 7.1--because unfortunately, a lot of my community *believe* they are everyone's best friends. tongue

~Sue
adwoff.com

ETA: I'm a doofus. tongue Didn't realize 7.1 wasn't available to everyone yet ...

Last edited by ADWOFF; 12/18/2006 11:18 AM. Reason: cuz I'm a doofus!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Can anyone tell me what the typo is/where it is so that I don't have to upgrade it to 7.1?

If you go to the changelog, you'll find the link in that entry...

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
7.1 is in beta; where it's running here and ubbdev (and my dev machine that there is a seldom link to here and there) it won't be out for some time wink

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

The FIX is in a link in the changelog -- here it is. wink

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ok, my pm rebuilder currently allows for the purging of welcome messages, I'm currently contemplating how to check the users table for valid messages, if one is invalid it'll purge the users table (I'm doing this as several people have used my previous way of purging welcome messages which doesn't effect the users table, so there is lingering data).

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ok, my long awaited (aka just coded) welcome message purger can be found here.

Gizzy, you da man, but I'm gonna make my members suffer and delete their PMs just like I had to! LOL

----

I have a couple questions, and I ask that you forgive me if they've been asked/answered elsewhere ...

Why don't the member numbers appear under member names/avatars? I found that # to be invaluable whenever I went into the control panel to do something with individual member files. It's a PITA to have to "search" for the person and then plug the # in.

---

Speaking of avatars, why don't the avatars appear in the I.E. browser?

---

That's all the ?s I can think of right now. My brain is fried!

So far, the feedback I've been receiving from my community has been extremely positive. smile

~Sue
adwoff.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
awwe purging pm's is mean! I'm not sure what kind of community you have, but we run a tech forum so if i where to purge pm's i'd be purging reference data, contact info, server data, design specifications... wow...

IT was discussed and found to be pointless to have it there during cleanup of the code pages (i believe), you can just click the "view profile link" (or hover over it) and it'll tell you the user number in the link itself (you're member "52"). Additionally, from the view user screen there is a link to edit the user in the cp. Having the number shown on the posts when it's already shown numerous times for all of the links (see the popup when you click on a nickname) seemed kind of redundant (as it was already presant).

If you do'nt set the height and width (aka leave the fields blank) in the cpanel the software will show a value of blank, which IE interprets as 0x0; I think 7.1 will have it set to not show any value for height and width if the fields are left blank.

gimme more questions, i am the Gizzy Monster! hehe...

still hyped up on energy drinks...

If you do'nt set the height and width (aka leave the fields blank) in the cpanel the software will show a value of blank, which IE interprets as 0x0; I think 7.1 will have it set to not show any value for height and width if the fields are left blank.

Ah. That explains it!

Bring on 7.1! LOL

I do have another question. In the past, with Classic, all registration requests were sent to only my e-mail address. Now they--and other administrative type tasks--are being sent to ALL my admins' addies.

Is there any way I can have the notifications sent to just my e-mail?

~Sue
adwoff.com

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
As I posted on the previous page in this thread, IF THE IMPORT didn't carry over your avatar values, you can perform the following query to set all avatar widths and heights from 0 to whatever you wish:

Code

If all your avatars are the same width/height, you can change the 64's to whatever your avatars are...

But set the max values in CP first and see if that's all it was...

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
jgeoff, thats great if all of your avatars are the same size, but who has all avitars as the same size? imo a better solution would be to drop the height/width from the template and let the images load as they will, versus forcing a height and width on them all (I don't think i have more than maybe 2 avatars that are 80x80, and have hundreds using other dimensions).

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
but who has all avitars as the same size?

I do! laugh

I like to keep things tidy, so all the "house" avatars I created are the same size - the same as my max size. Those who choose to upload or link to other avatars are still forced to that size (originally 64x64 but I upped it to 72x72 since converting) anyway.

That fix was because my old avatars were brought in as 0x0 (for whatever reason), yet they all should've been 64x64. I also had to do that because now that my new size is 72x72, I wanted the original avatars to remain at 64x64 without being resized up.

I made this suggestion so at least her avatars would show up, in the mean time. wink

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol, I may have to make another mod... one that is capable of checking avitars and grabbing their size; although i'm not sure of compatability at this time with it lol... It'd be a ways off though...

I'm still working on an addon to edit the pm tables to find currupt pm's and purge them from the db; should be working within the next week or so shoudl i have the time

I made this suggestion so at least her avatars would show up, in the mean time. wink

LOL -- sorry I missed your suggestion before. I told my members what the deal was--and I think most are for waiting until 7.1 comes out so that their avatars aren't skewed looking.

So yes, that means my site's avatars are all various sizes! laugh

~Sue
adwoff.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29