Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Hi folks, badly enought I bought a vBulletin license, because I thought UBB Central was so damn expensive. But now I wanna sell it, I rather want this software.

Do you have any tips how I can sell my license the easiest way, OR, maybe some UBB Threads member wanna try his UBB Threads license with my vBulletin license?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
ebay? lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It may also be good to note that you should be sure that the vBulletin folks support the sale of thier licenses. I had a discussion some time ago with the UBB folks about "gifting" licenses wink.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
laugh Would be awesome if like Rick wanted a vBulletin license LOL and traded it with a UBB Threads license. laugh

Can't sell on Ebay, I am under 18. tongue

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well you managed to buy a vBulletin license so I'm sure you can figure out how to sell it.

If your Parents or a friend bought it then have them try to sell it.

Post on the vBulletin forum and try to barter it or sell it I'm sure someone over there might like say a 10% discount on a new license.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by ntdoc
Well you managed to buy a vBulletin license so I'm sure you can figure out how to sell it.

If your Parents or a friend bought it then have them try to sell it.

Post on the vBulletin forum and try to barter it or sell it I'm sure someone over there might like say a 10% discount on a new license.

Thank. I will try it out. tongue

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
How sweet smile

Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
NICE! Some nice dude wanna trade his UBB Threads license with my vBulletin license. laugh

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I doubt you will find anyone here - I would ask on their forums smile

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
I doubt you will find anyone here - I would ask on their forums smile

I did that but they looked the topic and said "This is not a marketplace". LOL Damn, btw they say you can't transfer, trade or change owner in the first 3 months, that is so bad. The only thing they can offer is a refund on $160, but the problem is I paid with a temporary VISA for internet purchases and they can only refund the card they paid with you said, but not another VISA credit card or PayPal, that is bad. Any idea how to fix this? There is a guy with a UBB Threads license that wanna trade with me, but vBulletin's policy says no. frown

Happy New Year. smile

Last edited by Alexander; 12/31/2006 6:45 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol i'm sure their license system just allows you to change your name/address; which in essance would be gifting it in any case...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
They have such foolish policies lol

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
They have such foolish policies lol

I agree. But they say it is against their EULA to change contact information before 3 months.

I am so pissed, I have the opportunity to trade a vBulletin license with a UBB Threads license, and the idiot policy vBulletin has says no to that. frown

Another way we could do is that I get the refund and buy his license for $160, but it is not even sure that I will get the refund for another credit card. frown

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
How old is the license?

You could tell him about the policy and give him full info to change it; then when the time comes he coudl do as he will...

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
How old is the license?

You could tell him about the policy and give him full info to change it; then when the time comes he coudl do as he will...

Like 4 days. Hehe I don't really understand what you mean. tongue But, come with more suggestions! I wanna use UBB Threads hehe. laugh

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, they have a system TO update the information yes? Well, give him access to that, and tell him to change your usr/pass then tell him about the policy (well rathertell hima bout th epolicy in the first place, then give him access if he agrees) then he can update the contact info whenever he pleases (after the date taht is)

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Well, they have a system TO update the information yes? Well, give him access to that, and tell him to change your usr/pass then tell him about the policy (well rathertell hima bout th epolicy in the first place, then give him access if he agrees) then he can update the contact info whenever he pleases (after the date taht is)

Nice idea. But big risk that I will get caught and that they will revoke the license. frown

Nah the only thing I can do is change the URL, and not customer information, Switch Customer (is not available until 3 months). frown I can't even change the password or username there.

Last edited by Alexander; 12/31/2006 9:34 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
yeouch.... Wel, if you think about it, it could be for fraud prevention as well...

I'm assuming you're using the new payPAl programme that assigns a "one use" card number? You should contact their helpsite to see about refunds, you'd think they'd have some way that you could get refunds wink

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
yeouch.... Wel, if you think about it, it could be for fraud prevention as well...

I'm assuming you're using the new payPAl programme that assigns a "one use" card number? You should contact their helpsite to see about refunds, you'd think they'd have some way that you could get refunds wink

Well, I used a VISA one use card, from the bank. tongue

Damn, you know what, this is the reason why forum software should be free! The only thing I hate with UBB is the price, and it is kinda absurd, even vBulletin's and IPB's pricing are absurd. I hate to say this, but if you guys don't lower your price soon, then people will leave this. Free and Open Source is the feature. The little reason I didn't buy UBB was, it is too expensive. The upgrades are expensive too.

Last edited by Alexander; 12/31/2006 9:46 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm as much for open source as the next guy, but I have been with the ubb since the late 90's and honestly, others can't compare, and I have been more than happy to dish out the cash for a gold license as well as the other 2 standard licenses that I have...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if you guys don't lower your price soon, then people will leave this.

Hmmm... Tell that to Microsoft and Oracle and SAP (Try to get the original Red Hat free it's the one that finally left)

Sorry kid but FREE is not the way of the World. We all have to make money some where some how or else starve.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
to add to this, if the ubb cannot support its development costs, it would be let go, it's a cold hard fact, companies don't pay their employees if their employees aren't helping the company reach the rock hard dime...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
did i just agree with nt? guess it really IS a new year

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
did i just agree with nt? guess it really IS a new year

LOL - someone had see the light grin

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
LOL - someone had see the light grin
Never, NEVER!!! Make it stop :cries in the corner:

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Okey. I got the refund on $160, still can't afford UBB Threads tho. tongue

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol, wasn't some guy going to trade you licenses/ maybe he'll acept it?

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
lol, wasn't some guy going to trade you licenses/ maybe he'll acept it?

Yeah maybe. laugh

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There is nothing to trade now if he got a refund. 0x0=0 buying/trading power.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Alex has $160, the othrr guy has a license, he could give the other guy said $160 and he could go buy a vb license with it wink

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Alex has $160, the othrr guy has a license, he could give the other guy said $160 and he could go buy a vb license with it wink

Yupp. tongue I dunno if I can trust that guy though and how to make it smooth. Any recommendations? I have a credit card, but I don't wanna get scammed.

Otherwise I will just buy a license sometime when I have more money. tongue

Btw are none of you guys selling your licenses? At least someone you can trust.

Last edited by Alexander; 01/01/2007 10:00 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Use PayPal, or wait... keep in mind that if he has no member area access, you're stuck with whatever version he can provide you with...

I "buy" ubb licenses myself, but they generally have no member area access (as I don't need it); I generally get the license and validate, then pay, but everyone knows me :shrug:

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Use PayPal, or wait... keep in mind that if he has no member area access, you're stuck with whatever version he can provide you with...

I "buy" ubb licenses myself, but they generally have no member area access (as I don't need it); I generally get the license and validate, then pay, but everyone knows me :shrug:

So you have one you can sell me? You would be my hero then! laugh I mean $220 is too much for me. tongue Or maybe I am just expecting too much lol. laugh
I would then let you sponsor my site, with ads, wherever you want. laugh Nah but seriously, it won't probably happen. frown

Btw I dunno about that guy, it feels unsafe.

Last edited by Alexander; 01/01/2007 10:53 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I only have 3 licenses, and all are in use (in fact, I could go for a couple more someday lol)

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Alright. If anyone wanna give me a free license someday and sponsor me, just give me a call. lol smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
What you buy licenses that are expired, then update info and renew them? I had like 10 licenses, but currently am only using 1 or 2. I'd have to look.

Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ultimately yes, I would be more than willing to accept "gifted" licenses in return for a "donation" :ahem:

So long as they're a valid license, no member area access required either way lol...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
right on I'm for that, but would want 7.x valid license.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
I didn't buy the license of him. But if you guys any day would say "DAMN I AM SO TIRED ON THIS UBB THREADS LICENSE! Lets give it to someone" then you know I am happy to take it. laugh Also I would of course offer free ads and links etc. If I am honest, I won't pay anymore for any forum software maybe except in very rare business events or something.

I love the look of UBB Threads 6 and UBB Threads 7 but I won't buy it (I guess, it is just too expensive, for a very long while).

Last edited by Alexander; 01/08/2007 6:16 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Btw, can you change the topic title? tongue To like anyone with free UBB Threads licenses? xD Because I can't edit it anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29