Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Here on this board 7.1b3 it shows myself and 1 hidden user online along with 49 anonymous users online.

However if I click on details I see that STEELHEAD is online.

If Steelhead is hidden then I should not see him since I'm not a Mod or Admin here. If he's not hidden then the main Who's Online should show 2 registered users online but it doesn't.


Quote
2 registered (ntdoc, 1 invisible) and 49 anonymous users online.

ntdoc content User addict 6 seconds ago Viewing list of forums
steelhead content User stranger 43 seconds ago Reading a post in flat mode

.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Now shows

Quote
steelhead content User stranger 5 minutes 1 second ago Reading a post in flat mode

but it has not been 5 minutes. Something odd/weird going on here.

.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Now Steelhead is not showing as hidden on main page Who's Online either.

Maybe he is playing with his profile, not sure but timing/hidden/not-hidden seems to be off kilter and something wrong.

.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Cache. The info in the "full info view" is not cached, where the info in the sidebars is.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well cache or no cache I still should not have been able to see Steelhead

I doubt he was flipping the hidden off and on for 10 minutes to annoy someone eek

.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What I was saying was that his online time was up to date on the full view page since it is not cached; however the whos online is cached at whatever interval rick has set; thus if he was online, the full view page would show him on, but the cache would have to be updated for it to view on the wol sidebar...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well suppose not critical but an annoyance that they don't correspond with each other.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

The full-page version is in real time, the sidebar widget isn't. If it was, it'd increase load times. My cache time for WOL is only 2 minutes, here's it's probably longer. ("Higher cache times are better for overall forum speed"). Top Posters, Forum Stats and the Calendar are also cached this way, with Admin-definable times in minutes. I've gotten used to it.


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Yeah I hear ya... wink

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh, and we already have speed issues since this is the "dev machine" so imo turning off the cache for the WoL because you want it to jive with the full page isn't an option, i think it'd kill the site lol...

If you want to see 100% up to date, just check the full page version; the link is on every page wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)