Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
OK, I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but being totally new and not able to see it being asked anywhere.... How do I make a thread a sticky at the top of a forum section so it stays there all the time? Then how do I remove it when I am done with it?

Thanks a mil!

Noobie

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Hmmm I'm sure someone might come along with a better answer, but since I don't have the old version I'm taking a guess here.

If you go to the bottom of the page isn't there and option to MANAGE the post, one being make it sticky?

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3

ntdoc,

Thanks for the lead!

I'm looking everywhere, but I can't find anything like that. Here is a screen shot of what I see when I hit the edit button on a post.

Edit Post
Only forum leaders or the person that posted this message may edit this message (and only registered users may edit/delete posts)
Note: Only forum leaders may delete posts.
Delete Post? (check box, if yes)

Note: deleting this post will result in the deletion of the entire topic, since this post is the first post in the topic.
Subject:

Message Icon:


Message:


HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.


Upload File Form




Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™








What is UBB Code™?


Options

Show Signature: include your profile signature.

Disable Graemlins in this post.

Close Topic


Manage Notifications (Forum Leaders Only)





Well so much for a screen shot..... Anyway All I see under manage post is a box for a check mark under what is called Manage Notifications, nothing else.....

Either I am missing something, or maybe my version (6.7.2) does not have a sticky option???

I would really like to know how to do this if my version is capable of doing it....

I'm am wondering if I have a "toggle" set the wrong way somewhere else in the software that is not giving me that option due to how we have it set elsewhere.....


Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Are you a Moderator or Admin on the board? Yes it has sticky setting but you probably need to be Moderator or Admin status to do that.


What is the link to your board please ?

.

Last edited by ntdoc; 01/15/2007 3:55 PM.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
If I remember .Classic correctly, an Admin/Mod can make a thread sticky by editing the first post of the thread -- the option should be there...

Edit: Okay, maybe not confused Perhaps it's because I put my forums in read-only mode after switching to Threads, because I'm pretty sure that's where it was, in the Options section.

Last edited by jgeoff; 01/15/2007 5:20 PM. Reason: Edit

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
In .C there should be a button at the bottom of the thread that says "Make this sticky"; this is only 6.5+ I believe though.

In .T7 you click the "Manage this thread" button and choose "Make this topic sticky".

In either case you have to be an Admin/Mod to sticky threads.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
The button says "feature topic", it's at the bottom of the topic's page smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh thats the ticket... Sorry, it's been so long since I used classic it's like all of the old knowledge has escaped me little brain...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
The button says "feature topic", it's at the bottom of the topic's page smile


Yeah, I knew that... after 5+ years using it, until like October. whistle laugh ...but apparently that option disappears, at least in my case once I made all my forums read-only. Haven't had it confirmed that that's what state Moto's board is in, tho...



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3

Thanks for the help everyone!

I am the mod/admin actually the owner of the forum board in question..... and FINALLY I got an answer!

Thanks a million!

BTW.... it was the "Feature Topic" that makes it a sticky in my version 6.7.2 of the software!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Mine too wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
Mine too wink
thats enough outta you pill-grum wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)