Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#174076 01/17/2007 4:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Whoops... I tried disabling the threads and posts columns to make some room for side panels as I found these useful... but then I realised I couldn't find those settings anymore. Ehm... they gone? Guide me...

(If they're gone... I don't really care, just trying to find them ;))

Kayjey #174104 01/17/2007 9:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Kayjey
threads and posts columns
Not quite sure what you mean


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174142 01/18/2007 2:55 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by Kayjey
threads and posts columns
Not quite sure what you mean


I'm assuming the columns in CFRM with the # of posts and threads wink

PS - Now why does THAT quote have a scrollbar?


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #174146 01/18/2007 3:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It has a scrollbar due to the quoted quote box; the "ie fix" HAD to define a size; so it makes everything else suck frown.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174150 01/18/2007 3:11 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
The only method for quotes was better - can't say I am a fan of this method - sorry frown

Ian #174152 01/18/2007 3:13 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I dislike this method as well, I MUCH preferred the old method frown...

This method makes baby jesus cry :nod:


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174159 01/18/2007 3:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Baby Jesus crying makes me cry. *sniff*


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #174169 01/18/2007 3:59 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by jgeoff
Baby Jesus crying makes me cry. *sniff*
:nod: lol was hoping one of you would chime in lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174173 01/18/2007 4:03 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Now why does THAT post scroll?? confused

Oh yeah.... :/ whistle wink



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #174175 01/18/2007 4:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
what post? wink.. prolly cas of allens post


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174227 01/18/2007 7:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
don't blame poor Allen smile

Ian #174231 01/18/2007 7:44 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I think he needs a spanking...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
jgeoff #174246 01/18/2007 12:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by jgeoff
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Originally Posted by Kayjey
threads and posts columns
Not quite sure what you mean


I'm assuming the columns in CFRM with the # of posts and threads wink

PS - Now why does THAT quote have a scrollbar?

Yes to the one-but-last line.

Kayjey #174247 01/18/2007 12:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
PS - when my board users see this scrollbar piramyd they'll have a good time... laugh

Kayjey #174299 01/18/2007 7:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I love the old functionality, where they'd work off of percentages and get smaller; I hate the IE7 compatability that adds scrollbars to EVERY quote frown


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174306 01/18/2007 7:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Like I said in the announcement, the style changes for the quote/code/php changes are optional. You don't *have* to make them if you're not worried about IE not overflowing properly wink

Rick #174313 01/18/2007 8:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh, but I don't want to have to maintian two sets of styles for those crazy enough to want the "new" options frown


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174335 01/18/2007 8:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Could actually easily add on the fly code or settings that allow each user the choice of how they want it to operate.

ntdoc #174346 01/18/2007 9:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
or useragent match for "bonkers" browsers wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174421 01/19/2007 6:17 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
we should go back to the old method as standard wink

Ian #174447 01/19/2007 7:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ian
we should go back to the old method as standard wink
can a brotha get an "amen" wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174488 01/19/2007 3:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Some encouraging usage stats on my board for January, especially since mine is a very non-technical audience:
Code
60.9%  MSIE
       IE6   37.8%  
       IE7   22.6%  
       IE5     .2%  
25.3%  Firefox
       FF2   13.5%  
       FF1.5  8.3%  
       FF1    2.9%  
10.1%  Unknown
01.2%  Safari
01.1%  Opera
00.9%  Mozilla
00.1%  Netscape
<0.1%  Others

As for the IE "fix" issue... if it looks bad in IE anyway, and it's forcing FF to look just as bad, then I say roll back to the real way and have a user-option to wrap wide posts. Unless, of course, there's a better way to handle it...

PS - Can we change the default HEIGHT of the CODE tag to make it taller? I don't think my chart above is too unreasonable to post all at once w/o scrolling. wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #174529 01/19/2007 8:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Mine on UGN:
Code
MSIE	 	478253	43.3 %	 
	Msie 7.0.5730.11	No	317	0 %	
	Msie 7.0	No	104794	9.5 %	
	Msie 6.1	No	47	0 %	
	Msie 6.00	No	1	0 %	
	Msie 6.0.2900.2180	No	405	0 %	
	Msie 6.0.2800.1106	No	1	0 %	
	Msie 6.0	No	366451	33.2 %	
	Msie 5.5	No	3051	0.2 %	
	Msie 5.23	No	517	0 %	
	Msie 5.22	No	79	0 %	
	Msie 5.21	No	2	0 %	
	Msie 5.2	No	1	0 %	
	Msie 5.17	No	60	0 %	
	Msie 5.16	No	10	0 %	
	Msie 5.14	No	81	0 %	
	Msie 5.13	No	65	0 %	
	Msie 5.12	No	71	0 %	
	Msie 5.01	No	1055	0 %	
	Msie 5.00	No	3	0 %	
	Msie 5.0	No	917	0 %	
	Msie 4.5	No	4	0 %	
	Msie 4.01	No	279	0 %	
	Msie 4.0	No	12	0 %	
	Msie 3.02	No	3	0 %	
	Msie 2.0	No	27	0 %	
FIREFOX	 	242095	21.9 %	 
	Firefox 3.0	No	1	0 %	
	Firefox 2.0.0.2	No	8	0 %	
	Firefox 2.0.0.1	No	43759	3.9 %	
	Firefox 2.0.0.0	No	3	0 %	
	Firefox 2.0	No	72506	6.5 %	
	Firefox 2	No	2	0 %	
	Firefox 1.9.0.1	No	1	0 %	
	Firefox 1.6	No	44	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.2	No	1	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.9	No	31680	2.8 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.8	No	69159	6.2 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.7	No	3888	0.3 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.6	No	1671	0.1 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.5	No	304	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.4	No	1320	0.1 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.3	No	803	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.2	No	208	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.1	No	1127	0.1 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0.	No	3	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5.0	No	3	0 %	
	Firefox 1.5	No	758	0 %	
	Firefox 1.4.1	No	2	0 %	
	Firefox 1.4	No	12	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.8	No	36	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.7	No	7297	0.6 %	
	Firefox 1.0.6	No	2413	0.2 %	
	Firefox 1.0.5	No	56	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.4	No	1771	0.1 %	
	Firefox 1.0.3	No	419	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.2	No	302	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.1	No	228	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0.	No	4	0 %	
	Firefox 1.0	No	1599	0.1 %	
	Firefox 0.9.6	No	18	0 %	
	Firefox 0.9.3	No	75	0 %	
	Firefox 0.9.2	No	31	0 %	
	Firefox 0.9.1	No	16	0 %	
	Firefox 0.9	No	5	0 %	
	Firefox 0.8.0	No	3	0 %	
	Firefox 0.8	No	91	0 %	
	Firefox 0.10.1	No	363	0 %	
	Firefox 0.10	No	105	0 %	
NETSCAPE	 	4087	0.3 %	 
	Netscape 8.1.2	No	608	0 %	
	Netscape 8.1	No	108	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0.4	No	172	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0.3.4	No	70	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0.3.3	No	47	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0.2	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0.1	No	29	0 %	
	Netscape 8.0	No	4	0 %	
	Netscape 7.2	No	1142	0.1 %	
	Netscape 7.1	No	451	0 %	
	Netscape 7.02	No	54	0 %	
	Netscape 7.01	No	16	0 %	
	Netscape 7.0	No	162	0 %	
	Netscape 6.2.3	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 6.2.2	No	3	0 %	
	Netscape 6.2.1	No	69	0 %	
	Netscape 5.0	No	322	0 %	
	Netscape 4.79	No	19	0 %	
	Netscape 4.77	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 4.76	No	48	0 %	
	Netscape 4.75	No	33	0 %	
	Netscape 4.7	No	2	0 %	
	Netscape 4.61	No	13	0 %	
	Netscape 4.5	No	32	0 %	
	Netscape 4.08	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 4.07	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 4.05	No	1	0 %	
	Netscape 4.0	No	633	0 %	
	Netscape 3.01	No	8	0 %	
	Netscape 3.0	No	4	0 %	
	Netscape 0.91	No	29	0 %	
	Netscape 0.6	No	3	0 %	
Others	 	377909	34.2 %	 
	Unknown	?	325543	29.5 %	
	Safari	No	21159	1.9 %	
	Opera	No	18740	1.7 %	
	Mozilla	No	9839	0.8 %	
	Camino	No	653	0 %	
	Konqueror	No	497	0 %	
	GetRight	No	374	0 %	
	LibWWW	No	213	0 %	
	Debian APT	No	184	0 %	
	K-Meleon	No	106	0 %	
	OmniWeb	No	89	0 %	
	Firebird (Old Firefox)	No	82	0 %	
	Curl	Yes	79	0 %	
	WebCollage (PDA/Phone browser)	No	45	0 %	
	Phoenix	No	42	0 %	
	Galeon	No	38	0 %	
	MultiZilla	No	31	0 %	
	Nokia Browser (PDA/Phone browser)	No	30	0 %	
	Sony/Ericsson Browser (PDA/Phone browser)	No	30	0 %	
	Links	No	22	0 %	
	iBrowse	No	18	0 %	
	WebTV browser	No	17	0 %	
	Acrobat	Yes	12	0 %	
	Wget	Yes	11	0 %	
	ANT Fresco	No	10	0 %	
	TelePort Pro	Yes	8	0 %	
	NetNewsWire	No	8	0 %	
	Dillo	No	7	0 %	
	UP.Browser (PDA/Phone browser)	No	6	0 %	
	NetPositive	No	5	0 %	
	w3m	No	4	0 %	
	Lynx	No	3	0 %	
	Motorola Browser (PDA/Phone browser)	No	1	0 %	
	Real player or compatible (media player)	No	1	0 %	
	AmigaVoyager	No	1	0 %	
	Lotus Notes web client	No	1	0 %	


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174564 01/19/2007 9:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Okay who the heck is browsing with Lynx on your site

ntdoc #174568 01/19/2007 9:38 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
lol i know several of my advanced linux users do just to read news from work (as my site is a 'security risk' according to their IT staff)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #174613 01/20/2007 2:24 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Mine on UGN:


Next time I won't spend the time to summarize my results. tongue wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #174623 01/20/2007 4:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
haha, figured since we where sharing browser stats frown..

I can get you stats from a gardening forum if that'd do you any good lol, that forum is like 80X bigger than mine lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)