Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#178020 02/08/2007 9:28 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Just testing my new Threads install...

Last night I tried deleting a post in the middle of a thread, and discovered that the post remains, with *DELETED* added to its title, and the body text changed to "Post deleted by SteveC".

I also see that if I delete a post with no replies, it is truly deleted.

And finally, I see that all threads imported from the Classic board allow me to fully delete a post in the middle of the thread.

I can understand the designers' thinking that no post should be deleted if there is a reply to it. However, sometimes it makes sense ... I might want to delete a flame in the middle, but not responses to it, since the response may contain other useful text.

Is there any way to delete mid-thread posts?

What would happen if I issued a MySQL delete to remove the one post -- would the thread be corrupted, or would the software handle it ok?

Steve C #178024 02/08/2007 9:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Could you say what version of V7 you have running?

As there are alot of things that are fixed since 7.02 smile


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #178027 02/08/2007 11:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This was fixed in 7.1, the reason for this functionality in 7.0 is that child posts cannot be assigned to a new parent; in 7.1 they can.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Mark S #178031 02/09/2007 2:02 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
> Could you say what version of V7 you have running?

According to the "Members Area", the current version: 7.0.2

> As there are alot of things that are fixed since 7.02 smile

Oh my [Linked Image from ] [Linked Image from ] [Linked Image from ]

Ok, before I take the board live, I guess I pick up a newer version.

Steve C #178034 02/09/2007 2:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Steve C
> Could you say what version of V7 you have running?

According to the "Members Area", the current version: 7.0.2
He knows what the current version in the member area is, he wants to know the version you're running right now on your forums.

And 7.1 should be final within the next week or so


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)