Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#178083 02/09/2007 4:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
Is there anyway to get two domains pointed to the same folder on Plesk??

There must be, I think this is a common event.

Thoughts?


http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Stan #178086 02/09/2007 5:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Are you talking about parking a domain so that

http://www.fansfocus.com
http://www.nonleague.com

both point to the same place - as in the above example?

Ian #178087 02/09/2007 5:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 869
Yes...

I could do that with my other server's control panel but can not do it with Plesk...

so far...

THANKS again for all your help


http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Stan #178090 02/09/2007 5:28 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I've never used Plesk, and after visiting their site demo, thank God! What a mess of a control panel...! Gimme cPanel any day wink

Anyway -

I think you want to look in Domains > Domain you want to alter > Domain Aliases





GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #178093 02/09/2007 5:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
LOL - Cpanel is like windows 3.1 workgroup to XP - yuk!

Plesk is far superior tongue


Ian #178094 02/09/2007 5:54 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
sorry to answer you question - exactly as jgeoff says - however this is only for Plesk 8.1 I believe.

Ian #178097 02/09/2007 6:18 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Ian
LOL - Cpanel is like windows 3.1 workgroup to XP - yuk!

Plesk is far superior tongue


LOL

Pfft. tongue

All too often the better solution is usually the simplest solution. wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
jgeoff #178106 02/09/2007 6:58 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I use Webmin, beat that lol...

As for plesk; login, click domains under general, click the domain to edit, click domain aliases, and then click add domain alias.

These are for Plesk 8.1.0


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #178139 02/10/2007 4:40 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I think that was already said wink

Ian #178143 02/10/2007 7:33 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ian
I think that was already said wink
so i was in a hurry when i posted and didn't read all of every post; sue me wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #178145 02/10/2007 7:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
LOL only joking xxx


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)