Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Spammers are becoming more industrious - now they post a meaningless post and their signature has spammy 'make millions at home' links. I want to ban all URLs from signatures except for my moderators. I can find how to block images from signatures (which I've done) but not how to block UBB code from signatures ...

Lisa


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You could edit the ubbcode lines in libs/ubbthreads.php and move the URL regexes into the section where the image regexes are, then if image markup is off then links won't work.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
OK so this will be another thing I'll have to re-do every time I update my forum software. I'd really like it to be a regular feature, because what happens with these one-off changes is that the forum crashes while I'm not at home, I put the forums back up without knowing what to customize again, and suddenly things I warded against all spring into action ...


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
Welcome to the wonderful world of mods, lol

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
The current system of bolco image tags does just that
it prevents the image from being seen, but the full
url to the image and the [img] tags are visible.

I had a little rant about it, as i think
it should prevent it being left behind.

I think were still going down the line of
good text bad text, and which is it in a signature.

I read on UBB DEV that someone edits the files in question
comments out the original and includes the words "HACKED"
then he can search for any changes, seems a good idea.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
mmmm, modding goodness...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)