Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17

Ive got a small number of users (2 or 3) who cannot send PMs. They get an "Error in Page" displayed and the PM isn't sent.

Of course, when I login to their accts I can send PMs just fine. This indicates to me that its a browser settings issue.

What are the basic browser settings that are required for the board features to work properly?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
You should ask them about there own browsers?

Normally i read, users can not post due to
firewall issues, but can send pm's and that
was due to the http referrer being enabled in the
control pannel.

Disable it (Tick the option) while chatting to them and see if
it corrects the problem?

Its not that important if spam isnt an issue.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Disable header referrer is checked. I changed that awhile ago. I'm wondering if there is a list of specific browser settings that MUST be enabled for the board to function optimally.

For example, I would expect users would have problems with avatars and embedded images being displayed if they were to uncheck the "Load Images Automatically" checkbox in Firefox. Or in IE, if they had "Show Pictures" and "Show animations" unchecked.

What I don't want to have to do is walk them through each of their settings and have them attempt to tell me what the state is for each setting. These folks are great guys, but they're not tech savvy at all.

Last edited by Tipmoose; 03/18/2007 4:43 PM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Need to let us know some of those users details?

Browser? Version?

Version of Threads your running?

Ive had no problems from members except for 1
and there is always one and that was down to
a corrupt fire wall.. (Image not showing)


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
This behavior sounds very familiar to this thread on here:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/175500/page/0/fpart/1

The only problem is that the users who can't send PMs aren't marked as underage and have normal birthdays. The only user I can pin down on browser settings is using IE6 (I guess) on Win98. (Yes...I said Win98). That should tell y'all all you need to know about how why I can't give you more info.

I'm running Threads 7.0.2

Last edited by Tipmoose; 03/22/2007 9:50 PM.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 17

It seems to be fixed.

After the move Allen had set the "Full URL to main directory" to use our new server's IP address instead of the domain name. I changed it back, emptied the cache and had the users log out and back in via a link using the domain and they're working happily.

Just hope this works for all of them.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Those cross domain cookie issues can be a killer


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)