Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181766 03/30/2007 9:41 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Hi,

My import script is falling over when it gets to the boards from 6.5. It falls over when adding the group permissions for groupID 5. The code about line 757:

PHP Code
if ($group > 4) {
$group = $grouparray[$group];
} // end if+  

...seems to map groupID 5 back to 1, which then causes a primary key violation when inserting into FORUM_PERMISSIONS. Can someone explain why groups higher than 4 are being mapped at all, and how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

- Paul

Last edited by paulb; 03/30/2007 9:52 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
This is something I need to get fixed up with the threads importer. When there are custom groups it causes some issues. How many groups do you have in total? I'll need to see if I can get this fixed up shortly.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Rick
How many groups do you have in total?

Hi Rick,

We have 17 groups and likely to have 20 or so in the next few months. Is it not a question of just removing the following couple of lines?
PHP Code
if ($group > 4) {
				$group = $grouparray[$group];
			} // end if+ 


This would allow the groupIDs greater than 4 to simply be passed through and prevent the PK clashes. This may be a bit simplistic and I appreciate there may be other issues in play here!

Regards,

- Paul

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
I have just realised that I have a further complication - my existing installations are version 6.4.2, but the importers only work for 6.5.5 and up. Is there a record of the changes from 6.4.2 to 6.5.5 so I can adapt the importer?

Regards,

- Paul

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I say import to 6.5.x then import over wink... the petty importer should work in just a few minutes


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You'll want to grab 6.5.5 from the members area and upgrade to that first. That will definitely cause some issues as there were many database changes from your version to 6.5.5.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Not to mention, I think it'd be a LOT faster to upgrade to 6.5 then import versus trying to edit the importer as a test/fail type of thing lol...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks for all the comments. I have taken your advice and am going the 6.4.2 -> 6.5.5 -> 7 route. It wouldn't be such a bumpy route apart from the fact that I have customised UBB a lot to integrate with an existing user account management system!

Regards,

- Paul


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)