|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
I noticed avatars are only visible if you are logged in when viewing the board.
Where can you control this, if you want guests to be able to view avatars?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
It's supposed to be controlled by Display Settings -> Show User Avatars? But currently it seems to be ignored. This is a bug that I need to get fixed.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Here I thought it was a feature (and kinda like how guests don't see avitars
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
I'm now running Threads 7.1.1.
I can't get Avatars to show for IE users, but they will show for Firefox users.
In CP, for Topic Display Options, I have "Show User Avatars? selected."
Is there another setting I'm missing?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Do you have the force avitar height and width fields enabled or blank? If they're blank, IE interprets them as 0pxX0px.
i've fixed this on my forums by removing the height and width variable alltogether (i believe I posted it at ubbdev, or here)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
Thanks for the mod, Gizmo. Just applied it and it works great. Thanks for saving me the wrath of the users. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
hehe you're welcome... some users don't see it as a valid fix, but it works how i wanted my avitars to work so I figured i'd share 
|
|
|
|
2 members (SteveS, vscope),
455
guests, and
117
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|