Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#180814 03/16/2007 10:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
We're currently running 6.5.5 and use Innodb for w3t_Posts so that we can get more concurrency. However I see that 7.1 uses a FULLTEXT key on ubbt_POSTS and Innodb doesn't support that kind of key.

What are my options? (If anyone knows?) I'm concerned that keeping it MyISAM will limit the number of users.

Thanks,

Chuck

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
Rick,

Have you encountered Sphinx Search ?

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck Weinstock; 04/02/2007 10:59 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
As UBB7 uses a new search option (as opposed to UBB6) it has to be on to utilize the functionality... You could change it to blob/text/etc and just not use the search system though...

I believe that the "old" search system will make an appearance as an option in an upcoming build, so it could be a valid alternative...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)