Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I read that someone was doing advertise using the Custom island on every page of the forum.
Now, I can't find that post any more (it was months before).
Do you know how and what do I need to create a Custom Island with advertise on each page?
I do have my Rotation Script for banners to apply, so I just need to know how would be the format on the Custom Island.

Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, it depends on where youw ant them... The only "stock" way of putting an ad on "every" page is one of the two sidebars... There is an ad island for under the first post of every page in a thread which can be obtained through editing each forum's settings.

Now if you wanted ads somewhere other than those two places, you'd have to edit templates to fine tune the placement.

It's my hope that sometime in the future we'll have an "Ad Island" feature that would allow you to insert ad islands outside of the sidebars and under the first post...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
ehm1:
Check out my ads on Barnegat Fishin' Hole
I'm using a rotator script for the one that changes when you refresh the screen "Our Sponsors" and just plain script for the one titled
"Our on-line Friends"
It was just a matter of putting in the script.
If that's want you want I could post more here.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
Check out my site. It is advertiser driven. You will ads on top, within an island (125x125) and another ad (468x60)inside every post between the 1st & 2nd post.

Larry

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Check out OpenAds software. It's php driven and very customizable with different sized islands, both banner & text based ads, and works perfectly with the side bars. And the best part is that it's open software and there is no cost involved.

I know usually open software is generally kinda cheesy, but this program has more options and files than the UBB Threads software does.

Curtis

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Check out my site. It is advertiser driven. You will ads on top, within an island (125x125) and another ad (468x60)inside every post between the 1st & 2nd post.

Larry
Larry - What code are you using for the Sponsor Island??
If tried several and I can't get them to display the graphic and have a link.
Any help, hint, whatever will be appreciated.
See my sponnsor island on the left at
Barnegat Fishin' Hole

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
LarE,
I like your adds.
They are done using the Island?
What I'm looking for is a solution that I don't have to change the skin/template.

Would you mind to show how you did it?
Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
This option to put and and between the first and second message is interesting...
How do I do that?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 120
Compose what you want to display a Custom Island.
Then go to the Forum Setting inthe control Panel.
Under Custom Inserts, select in the Custom Island Insert drop down box the Custom Island that you composed.

And everything I did special is in Custom Islands.
But I'm running out of them!!!!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Any help with putting an add banner between the first and second post?

Also LarE, from your formula, I understand I cat put adds on the sides (left and right) of the forum and it's good, but is there any way to put an add using Island, on the middle?

Like every beginning of each page?

Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Basically it's as was stated. If you edit one of your forums, and then go to the Custom Inserts tab, you'll see a dropdown where you can place one of your custom islands in between the 1st and second post on that forum.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Sorry Rick... brand new to this new forum and wasn't familiar with the Custom Inserts tab yet.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by ehm1
Any help with putting an add banner between the first and second post?
Simply setup a custom island how you want it to look, then edit the forum you wish the ad to display in, and select the custom island as the "Custom Island Insert" (3rd tab)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)