Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#182757 04/17/2007 12:42 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
I am running classic 6.7.2 in this location:

www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

The only 2 folders on the domain name are:
www.myserver.com/ubb
www.myserver.com/cgi-bin
Nothing else. There are no other files on the domain name, which is used purely for the forums.

I want to set up threads on the same domain and play around with it for a while (maybe as long as a few weeks or a month) before importing.

Question:
Can I setup and put threads in the following location www.myserver.com/ (ie. not in any folder), without it affecting anything to do with classic? Is it safe to do that?

Thank you!

Last edited by willing; 04/17/2007 12:43 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by willing
Can I setup and put threads in the following location www.myserver.com/ (ie. not in any folder), without it affecting anything to do with classic? Is it safe to do that?
Yes; so long as you don't over-write any classic files there isn't anything to worry about...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks. Thats what worrying me though - will they overwrite any classic files.

ie. does threads touch (in any way) those /ubb and /cgi-bin folders?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
No, threads isn't a cgi script so it doesn't use the cgi-bin; and the ubb folder is a placeholder folder


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK so I'm totally safe then.
Thanks.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)