Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#182969 04/21/2007 4:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Hi,
I have links to my threads RSS feeds on my home page.

e.g. http://www.mysite.com/forum/cache/global_rss4.xml

When browsing to my homepage using IE7 the RSS feed icon at the top of the page does not 'illuminate' and the alt text reads "No feeds detected on this page".

I seem to remember adding a meta tag at one time or other, is that right?

Any thoughts or pointers?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="xxxxxxxxxYOUR TITLE xxxxxx" href="http://xxxxxxx.com/mainmenu/rss/xml/rss_page.xml"/>

dont put any www.
before the //xxxxxxx.com/

as that stops the whistle wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Cheers Mark - That works smile

However, I tried adding two links in the header...

Code
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="recent topics" href="http://www.x.com/forum/cache/global_rss3.xml"/>

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="recent posts" href="http://www.x.com/forum/cache/global_rss4.xml"/>


But I only get the 'topics' displayed.

Is there a way to display two lots of feeds?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
www stops it from loading in ie? yet another reason to NOT use it :x...

And yeh, use multiple alternate tags, i think i have like 8


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Gizmo
And yeh, use multiple alternate tags, i think i have like 8


Sorry?
What is this?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, it works for every other browser, figured IE would be the same wth listing out multiple alt links...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Its better to list the extra's as rss icons.

as not all browsers support multiple feeds at once.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Gotcha, thanks guys.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)