|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2
Addict
|
|
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2 |
I have a situation where one of my users has had a long-standing dispute with someone who is about to be added as a forum admin.
Overall there is a request to erase or alter the IP of that user to 9.9.9.9 for instance for his entire posting history.
What is the sql command to do that? Because if I don't agree he wants all his posts erased and I don't want it to some to that...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
UPDATE ubbt_POSTS SET POST_POSTER_IP = "9.9.9.9" WHERE USER_ID =100000
Set the 10000 to the user id of that user.
Don't forget to also look in the database at the user tables to erase IP's there. You can simply do that with phpmyadmin or alike.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
You know, if the user who's to become an admin can't put "beef" behind him and act accordingly with the power you're bestowing upon him... he doesn't have the maturity to handle it imo...
I also think you'll have a lot more to worry about than him finding the guys ip... 1. He can "become" the user, read his pm's, post as him, etc. 2. He can remove the user. 3. he can prune posts of the user. 4. he can otherwise make that user's life hell...
Last edited by Gizmo; 04/22/2007 6:34 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
Valid points there Gizmo !
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2
Addict
|
|
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490 Likes: 2 |
Thanks guys. I will probably make this person just a moderator with the ability to edit users, but he will still be able to view IP addresses...
So is this the exact command which I should type:
UPDATE ubbt_POSTS SET POST_POSTER_IP = "9.9.9.9" WHERE USER_ID =100000
Or do I need a space between {=} and {100000} ?
Also I have to put the IP in parenthesis, say "9.9.9.9" , but not the user ID, right?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
you need ""'s to signify the start and end of content as there are .'s in the line, you don't need ""'s on the userid as there is no additional information.
If you want to get ultra anal with a query then: UPDATE `ubbt_POSTS` SET `POST_POSTER_IP` = '9.9.9.9' WHERE `USER_ID`='100000';
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
399
guests, and
96
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|