Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
I'm running a skyscraper ad in the right column, position 2, Custom Island.

The script is simple:

<!-- BEGIN TAG - 160x600 - 24hourcampfire.com - DO NOT MODIFY -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://optimizedby.rmxads.com/st?ad_type=ad&ad_size=160x600&section=199325"></script>
<!-- END TAG -->

and when I run it outside my forum, it loads super fast. Likewise, MY server is super fast, and my forum loads right now.

But when I put that script in the right column, I see a definite slowdown, and some guys are reporting very slow generation times.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I run that script as part of an OpenAds campaign (my preference!) or if I just run it straight in the island ... things bog down.

Any ideas? I just signed a one-year advertising contract with these guys, and slow-loading pages are BAD NEWS!!

Rick


Rick
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
Anybody?

Is there a reason why a script in a custom island should bog down the page load???

Rick


Rick
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The only thing I can think of is if the javascript takes awhile to load in the ad, that it's slowing the rest of the page down. Do you have it enabled right now?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
2
journeyman
journeyman
2 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 93
Hi Rick:

I do.

PM coming.

rb


Rick
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Is that the one under the "Visit Our Sponsors" heading? It seems to be loading right up for me. Tried in both IE and Firefox and no delays. It does take a minute for the actual ad to appear, but the rest of the page seems to be loading up quickly.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)