|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
I really hate the scroll bars that appear around quote boxes. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but I need to allow my users a bigger size before scroll-bars appear. I can not find the code to change this though. Can anyone point a finger in the right direction for me? Thanks! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
I really hate the scroll bars that appear around quote boxes. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but I need to allow my users a bigger size before scroll-bars appear. I can not find the code to change this though. Can anyone point a finger in the right direction for me? Thanks!  I'm sure this is down to your browser?
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
Here's a screencap of what I mean: ![[Linked Image from matesupover.com]](http://www.matesupover.com/Temp_Files/example.jpg)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
doh, ive just tried to move your image (Scroll bars).
I think its an IE7 issue, with the browser,
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
LOL Mark - I write software online learning and documentation for a living, and I'm always clicking on screencap buttons and stuff. I never fail to feel silly.  Anyway, you're partly right. In Firefox I just get the bottom scrollbar, but IE 6.x is the same as IE 7.0. Maybe it's just the double-quote thing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Yeah, it's basically this way because IE didn't like the old method we used. The old method looked much better as it just used a percentage of the current container, so quotes within quotes would scale properly, but IE (6 and 7) didn't support the css classes we were using unfortunately.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
Thanks Rick and Mark! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Easy, take out the IE fix; it's ugly, bulky, and is of no use to just about anyone (I'm more than willing to sacrifice a small inconvenience to IE users at the stake of a conforming design). Defaults: .ubbcode-block width: 508px;
margin: 5px 2em;
border: 1px solid #000000;
padding: 0px;
border-spacing: 0px; .ubbcode-body width: 500px;
margin: 4px;
overflow: auto;
font-size: 10pt;
display: block; Replace those with something similar to: .ubbcode-block margin: 5px 2em;
background: #081750;
border: 1px solid #000000;
padding: 0px;
border-spacing: 0px; .ubbcode-body margin: 4px;
max-width: 100%;
max-height: 300px;
overflow: auto;
font-size: 10pt;
display: block; Now your muti-level quotes, spoier tags, code boxes will actually conform to your forum design and will no longer be "bonkers"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
Gizmo, that worked great! Thanks so much.  I did add one more step to the above: .ubbcode-header: I replaced with Very nice! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Lots of ways to tweak  ... Like I said, myself (and a lot of others) find the IE Fix more of a nuscense than a fix (especially when you deal with spoilers and sub-quotes)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Lots of ways to tweak  ... Like I said, myself (and a lot of others) find the IE Fix more of a nuscense than a fix (especially when you deal with spoilers and sub-quotes) Yes, but at least with the fix, you can get around it with just a css change if you want to change how it works. There wasn't a way to fix the IE issue with just css as it required actual code changes to the markup routine. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
Lots of ways to tweak  ... Like I said, myself (and a lot of others) find the IE Fix more of a nuscense than a fix (especially when you deal with spoilers and sub-quotes) Yes, but at least with the fix, you can get around it with just a css change if you want to change how it works. There wasn't a way to fix the IE issue with just css as it required actual code changes to the markup routine.  One of the best things about UBB, is the ability to tweak just about anything.  It's so flexibile. Easier for some than others - I always feel like I'm groping in the dark, but I always know that I can probably do whatever I want, once I figure out how. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Yes, but at least with the fix, you can get around it with just a css change if you want to change how it works. There wasn't a way to fix the IE issue with just css as it required actual code changes to the markup routine.  Still say there should be an option, two classes; and have the admin be able to choose if they want IE compatability on vs forcing people to have it on by default lol... It's just ugly :'( One of the best things about UBB, is the ability to tweak just about anything.  It's so flexibile. Should have seen the IonCube vs Zend debate we had when 7.x was a twinkle...
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
166
guests, and
137
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|