Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
I have a border around the online feature indicator under every member's name and avatar when they post. How can I remove this border from appearing please as it doesn't look nice smile

On here it looks right, there is a small border but on mine I have the smilie face in a box and the text eg Online in a box ie two columns.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This box utilizes the t_standard class in the style settings; just removing the border value isn't an option as it'll effect a LOT of tables; you'd have to manually edit it out of the showflat.tpl and showthreaded.tpl files.

I'm hoping that in the future Rick seperates out some classes so they can be further tweaked (the online box, pagination boxes, wol, active topics, search results, etc)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
In his case the border is caused by the alt-1 and alt-2 class - definitely would cause lots of issues to change them. They'll need to be edited in the templates smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
well, FWICT he wants to edit the outside border, not the cell borders; the outside border is controlled by the t_standard class from what I can see


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
What class effects the background of what's inside the online indicator box?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
.leftalt-1

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Yep, it will depend on what column you have it in. Left column, leftalt-1, right column it would be rightalt-1.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Some customizations are harder to users who haven't been introduced to CSS before, such as adding a left border on the offline box, but if you do that it effects left-alt1; so i had to customize it a bit further with referancing td's (which is beyond the skillset of newcomers to css). Same thing with the box where "top" is, had to just go in and add another class to the template :x

Last edited by Gizmo; 05/26/2007 7:07 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Yes CSS is very slick but also as you say, a PITA at times with all the methods and hacks required for different browsers.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by ntdoc
a PITA at times with all the methods and hacks required for different browsers.
funny thing is, this is why organizations like the W3C where created...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well the United Nations was created to "prevent wars" seems we still have quite a few going on tongue

Each browser out there has issues of one type or another bar none.

As soon as you think you have something looking good you find out it looks like junk in one of the other browsers so you have to make changes or add hacks so it looks the way you want it.

If your life/work is creating Websites it's probably a piece of cake, but if you just dabble in it or do it once in a great while it is annoying.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)