Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#184168 05/11/2007 6:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
If I want all regular users (outside of moderators and administrators) to have the same custom title how do I do that? I want them all to have the same title, regardless of post count.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
I removed all of the custom titles in CP and just have one titled "Member" with Min. posts set at 0.

At the bottom, I check the box for:
Check this box if you want to update existing users with these new titles.

But, I get this error when I try to update:

UPDATE ubbt_USER_PROFILE SET USER_TITLE = 'Member' WHERE

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hmm, it might be a bit of a bug in the code. It might need at least 2 titles. I'd add a second one being the same title with a different post count and see if that fixes it.

Rick #184172 05/11/2007 10:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Bingo Rick. Having at least 2 titles did the trick. Thank you.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)