Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#184674 05/24/2007 12:07 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 243
Likes: 1
What is the difference between the Describe and Desc command? I am using "Desc ubbt_FILES" and "Describe ubbt_FILES"

When I use the Desc command instead of Describe in the SQL Command window, Desc returns a message, "9 row(s) affected by your query", while Describe displays the columns in a table.

It appears the number of rows is the number of columns in the table I am trying to describe, but it worries me because the message implies that I have changed something.

Edit after Rick's post below: Ahh, that explains it. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Steve C; 05/24/2007 1:39 PM. Reason: Thanks
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The SQL command box in the control panel only recognizes Describe as something that it should display the results. When you do Desc it thinks it's just an update so it shows the number of rows. It doesn't actually update anything, I just need to change it so it will recognize both Desc and Describe.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)