Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
I don't want to use left or right columns but instead add some useful islands like Who's Online to the bottom of my page. But when I try to add the following to my footer template it doesn't work...

Code
<?php
if (!defined('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM')) define('UBB_MAIN_PROGRAM',1);
$style_side="";$tbopen="";$tbclose="";
echo "<table width=\"100%\">";
include("/home/audio/public_html/forums/languages/english/portal_islands.php");
include("/home/audio/public_html/forums/languages/english/generic.php");
include("/home/audio/public_html/forums/cache/online_now.php");
echo "</table>";
?> 

Anyone know a way to do this? Thanks.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Or another question would be - if I break this php code out into an include (e.g. /forums/includes/custom.php) - what line of code do I need to insert it into my footer template file?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
There has been a post about this, as some members have
islands at the bottom of there pages.

i think its over at ubbdev


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
try replacing <?php with {php} and ?> with {/php}

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
Works and that's awesome! Thanks for the info!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)