|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 16 |
How do I add the Site Links box like on this forum?
Much thanks!! Holly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956 |
just use a custom island add your links in html there, simple
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 16 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145
member
|
|
member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145 |
I must be doing something wrong. I tried this but only got a "sparce" error and I don't know what this is either.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
member
|
|
member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184 |
In you custom island box put your html between the code, for example:
/* PHP CODE HERE */
/* BODY HERE */
$body = <<<EOF
your html
EOF;
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Yeh, your html has to go between the eof lines; anywhere else and you'll get an error. The php section additionally is for php code.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62 |
What about if I want the links to display the content in the center, while maintaining the "portal" around it. i.e. the columns stay, the upper header stays, I just want the middle part to change to the links I have (for things like site history, Code of Conduct, etc)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
You'd create a custom sidebar island, and between the "EOF" lines you'd insert your html; this would include any links you would want there; all html code is supported
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62 |
I get that. Is there something I need to do to ensure that the centre part, where the news is, will display the content of the link when clicked, while maintaining the islands...i.e. the portal structure. For example, on the links box here, you click on it, and it takes you out of the portal, back to the Salesy side of the site.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I'm not entirely sure I understnad what you're wanting; if your'e wnating to open a link in a new window it'd be your HTML, if you want the links to open in a new page, you'd enter 'target="_blank"'; else if you leave off the target element it'll open in your current page...
If you're wanting to embed new pages INTO the portal, you'll need a mod for that; theres one over at ubbdev which allows you to create pages outside of the forums that utilize the portal elements.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
166
guests, and
137
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|