Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This is quite simple to do in Apache with your .htaccess file (if you don't have a .htaccess file in your web root, you can add one).

The following is what I use on my site to accomplish this:
Code
# Allow Re-Writing
RewriteEngine on

# Redirect non-www URLs to WWW
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^corthell.net$
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.corthell.net/$1 [QSA,L,R=301]

Simply replace "corthell.net" with your domain on the two lines that it's mentioned, insert into your .htaccess file, and upload to your server.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Due to the non-www stance some users use, I'm also going to describe how to send all www requests to the non-www domain... Be sure that you're not using both of these as you could cause a lot of looping on your webserver.

The instructions above are still valid, however, use this .htaccess block.

Code
# Allow Re-Writing
RewriteEngine on

# Redirect WWW URLs to non-www
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.corthell.net$
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://corthell.net/$1 [QSA,L,R=301]

Last edited by Gizmo; 08/03/2011 2:35 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)