Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 41
J
Jim
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 41
I tried seraching for an answer to this question, maybe I am using the wrong keywords.

We use a horizontal banner ad at the top of the forums. Some advertisers have complained about the Ubbthreads feature that takes a user directly to the latest post (auto-scroll), obscuring the top banner ad, yet the ad tracking software counts it as a page view.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Quite simply, this is how the post system works, when a user who's logged in clicks on an unread thread, it jumps to the first unread post; if a user who *is not* logged in clicks on it, it starts at post #1.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)