Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#189948 07/04/2007 10:34 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
I have embedded a java applet in a template and have it working successfully, with one exception. In the applet parameters, there are multiple lines of the nature:
Code
<param name="item.something" value="{0} ({1})">

It seems that the curly brackets demanded by the applet code are getting "eaten" when I place them in a ubb threads template, and that's breaking the applet. How can I escape the brackets so that my applet works correctly?

Thanks.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
embed your code sections with the real {'s within a {literal} and smarty won't eat them up

now if you still have a problem. ie: you need some smarty variables that are passed in to be made available inside that literal.

you do much like you do with php / html combo bombo:

simply do:

{literal}
buncha code
{/literal}
{$smarty_variable_passed_in}
{literal}
more stuff
{/literal}

from your snippet, it doesn't look like you need to have smarty vars in that section, so i'd guess you'd be doing

{literal}
your stuff
{/literal}

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
AH! A-HA!

{literal} somestuff {/literal} worked beautifully!

Thank you!! My hero. grin Appreciate your help.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Went to your site to take a look. What is up with the mouse drag and popup SPAM ??? Not a good way to attract or keep new users.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
<snicker> Iknew the fix to this one, but sd is too on the ball today


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
hell, it's once in a blue moon that i zing one in before the GizBot..

i consider this a victory of sorts!! laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
<anicker> its just cas i'm exhausted from running around all day yesturday wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
then again, the gizbot is offline at 8a


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
Quote
What is up with the mouse drag and popup SPAM ???

Huh...? What mouse drag and what spam...?

I have ads on my site -- it helps pay for my dedicated server. Other than that, your language is foreign to me, meester.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
Quote
hell, it's once in a blue moon that i zing one in before the GizBot..

Go ahead, enjoy it. wink It'll keep him on his toes! grin

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well doesn't seem to be there now.

Earlier when clicking and dragging the mouse it fired off a pop under window telling me I had a virus and should get their software to scan and fix it. That to me is SPAM, junk. Not sure why unless maybe you link to some other site and their Java script runs it.



Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)